11.2.09

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it on here before, but I LOVE the International Harvester Scout (and Scout II). I will likely never ever own one, but I have spent plenty of time over the years looking at them on ebay.

It's been awhile since I went looking for them, but my interest was rekindled by this post about a 90-year old guy who, at least until recently, was/is still selling them. Amazing. (via Draplin) Not suprisingly, that poster also loves the Bronco II. I prefer the first generation Bronco (60's/70's), but anyway...

The Scout above is currently for sale on ebay here, and I think looks pretty awesome. Okay, so the interior needs work, but the paint job is nice! (wow, not to be too stereotypical, but how girly did I sound there?)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know I've talked about how awesome Saul Bass is on here before, but this here is a really nicely put together post documenting just how awesome he is. Like seriously awesome, if you didn't know that. Many, many, many examples of it there. (possibly via Draplin as well?)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Wars: Retold (by someone who hasn't seen it). Jenna sent me this one. Pretty great.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, I added a new blog to my reader, High Snobiety. It's a little daunting for sheer volume of posts, however, I've already seen some pretty great stuff on there, so we'll see how it goes. Top two highlights that I've seen so far on there:
Shepard Fairey does work for Stereo Skateboards (started by Jason Lee, if you didn't know). I could go for either or both of the shirts there (or any of the decks too, you know, if I skated...)
Awesome Nike SB Dunk's. I would love to own these. The little touch of plaid is just perfect (I mean, I could go for more, but it's so nice here!).

1 comment:

I Like Jokes said...

Hey buddy, I've always wanted to read your undergrad thesis about movies and (fake) nostalgia...any chance you'd be willing to send it my way?

Meagan