18.8.09

purge

So if everything goes as planned, and all my work gets done, we're leaving on a mini road trip tour of Ontario this weekend. Can't wait. I can definitely use the break right about now.

The picture above comes from this pretty great site here. Here's three more pretty awesome map covers.
------
So, as I've mentioned, I've had a number of tabs open waiting to be posted. Time to finally clear them out.
------
This may be my favourite Lunch Bag Art post yet. Clever funny, and a nice nod to the shark. Good one.
------
I can't believe I haven't linked to this yet: Barack Obama is Tired of Your Motherfucking Shit. Amazing. Kind of makes me want to listen to some books on tape. David Sedaris kind of makes me want to do that too. (I was reading him today and thinking about how much I love to hear him read.)
------
Plaid duct tape. Great idea. I kind of need this.
------
The smallest bank in America. Down home, honest people keeping other people's money in check the old fashioned way. Impressed.
------
New additions to the Penguin great ideas series on the Book Cover Archive. We own a couple of these from when the series first came out. Great idea. Little books, great graphic design. This one is, not surprisingly, one I kind of want to own. Definitely a favourite. I'm pretty into this and this too, both for the fact that they are Orwell, and the fact that they are classic Penguin styles. Really seems to suit Orwell.
------
I am loving this old S.O.S ad. The lettering, the illustration, the baby bear, all of it. (via BoxVox)
------
Jenna sent me this link to this pretty great salt & pepper shaker set. Love it. It was sold by the time I saw it though. Jenna said it was overpriced, but it still would have been tempting...
------
While I've known about the Alamo Drafthouse for awhile, I've never seen all of these posters they've had done. This Ferris Bueler one is pretty amazing. Thanks to Jennifer G. for sending that to me.

No comments: