19.11.09

Hot off the (quarkx)presses. Just finished this poster and I had to share it. It's been kicking around in my head (and in my Field Notes) since last week, but I finally got it done. At least I think it might be. I'm not even sure of how it will print. Who knows, maybe this won't make it up like this, but right now I'm pretty happy with it, so here you go. Hope you like it! Actually, I really hope the Cons like it.
------
Here's one I figured out pretty quick when I started doing film related layout: Trajan is the Movie Font. Fer realz.
------
I've been watching a lot of CNBC lately. I figured out a few years ago that I get pretty interested in business related stories. Not the money related parts, but the human related parts. For example, while I do enjoy flipping through the newpaper's business section, I never read an entire article, because the ends always just seem to devolve into numbers.

Anyway, I recently watched a nice little special on Coca-Cola (did you know they were down to almost a 1/4 of the market when they released "New Coke," and then, after the furor that ensued, when they re-introduced Coca Cola Classic, they went back to dominating the market?). There was definitely some talk about the bottle design, so it was nice to come online and see its evolution presented here.
------
This book looks creepy and awesome. Nicely done.
------
Tumbleweed Tiny Houses. These things look awesome. I would love to go inside one. Could I ever live in one? Size-wise, at 6'6" 220+lbs, it might be a bit of a comedy of errors, but doable I think. Love of things and possessions and collections and stuff-wise, no.
------
The Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising. Wow. Lots of amazing looking stuff there.

Also, I feel like Turtle, and Mock Turtle, Soup has come up a number of times recently. All I can say about that is, if there's one type of soup you will definitely never catch me trying, it's probably Turtle Soup. I don't know, I just don't think I could do it.

No comments: