26.10.11


Turns out when you have a wedding that involves a lot of hands on stuff, then go away for a few weeks, you really miss out on a lot of stuff. Playing catch-up now on work (see quickly produced poster above), tv, and blog reading now that we're back. I've already gone through tonnes of stuff and my Google Reader is still listing 1000+. Does it list anything higher than that? Like would it list 2000+? I don't want to find out.

Anyway, I obviously missed a bunch of cool stuff while I was gone, so I thought I'd share some with you.
------
Poster process videos from DKNG. The Explosions one is what got me there, and then I had to watch the Black Keys one, because it is an amazing poster. I'm sure pretty much all of them are equally awesome though.

I get lost in these videos. They make me wish I had a better grasp of working with textures.
------
Trip Print Press video. Trip Print is a Toronto-based letterpress studio. Pretty much every time I read mention of Trip Print, it talks about how awesome his studio is and how much people just want to spend time there. I can believe it. When this video ended I was disappointed, and a little angry. It's way too short.
------
"Bear gobbles up pies at B.C. pizza joint." My kinda bear. I love that he tried going back for more, twice.
------
I've yet to back anyone on Kickstarter, but I think Ruler Pencil might end up being my first.
------
So very sad that I missed the fall colours edition from Field Notes. The Fire Spotter Edition looks like the best set yet. Hopefully Bon Mot will get some in and I can grab a set there. Every once in awhile I think about getting a colours subscription, but I just don't think I need 2 packs of each colours set (though I did buy 2 of Raven's Wing, that one was pretty great.)
------
Most of this was via Coudal's Fresh Signals. What a great blog. They really pile up when you don't read them every day though!

No comments: