30.10.09

Since I linked to videos of one of my other heroes the other day, I thought I'd pass along this picture and this video of Jim Henson that We Love You So linked to. I love Jim Henson. I think he was a great person who did great things. Pictures like the one above always make me both happy and sad. Such a tender looking moment between a man and his puppet. Such a talented, special individual. I wonder what he would have gotten up to if he hadn't died when he did?
------
To jump gears completely, how awesome does this antique lighting store look? I'd love to shop there! Except I bet I wouldn't be able to afford anything.
------
Here's another video for you; a featurette on Studio on Fire.
------
I keep going back to look at these business cards. Clever work there for sure.
------
I've often thought about this classic hat style, and wondered why someone wasn't putting a version of it out. I guess now New Era is, but of course, like many awesome things, you can only get it in Japan. Not that I think I'd be able to pull it off, but still, nice to know it's out there.
------
At home for kitchen related reasons. Cleaning out the ol' google reader, some work, and some house work. It's Halloween tomorrow, lots of prep to do. Why do I always leave costume details to the last minute?

No comments: