1.9.09

That right there is the front of our house. I love the flower box Jenna's dad built for us, and the plants Jenna's mom picked out to go in it. As soon as it went up, our house got a lot cuter.

This weekend I finally got around to painting the eaves around the porch, so we took some pictures of the front of our house. I uploaded them, as well as the pictures that were up on the realtor's website, to flickr so I could show them off. Two sets: Before & After

The kitchen has been pushed back to "earliest October," ie. as soon in October as they can have the cabinets built, and I can't wait for that. Obviously there will be more pictures to come then.
------
At one point on our mini road trip, Jenna made a comment about a Holiday Inn Express sign. I believe it was about the colouring (H.I.Express being blue, vs. the typical H.I. green), and how the new logo just doesn't feel right. The whole Holiday Inn overhaul came at least a year ago, and it's still bothersome to me too. The old one wasn't perfect, but when you get to see it on this classic sign here, how could you ever want anything else? (via the DDC)
------
The other day I looked at my feet and imagined what it would be like to have a pair of Jack Purcell's that were made of grey wool. I decided it would be awesome. Simple and classy, it would suit the shoe. These, shoes have confirmed that for me. Now if I just knew who to talk to at converse to get this done...
------
I've often enjoyed the different ways Google plays with their logo for special events, achievements, birthdays and whatnot, and I've often wondered if they have archived copies of all of the different things they have done sitting around somewhere. If they haven't been archiving them, someone has, and you can see a bunch of them here. It's aways nice to see people taking the time to add that extra little touch. Even when by "people" you mean "giant company". What can I say though, I do love Google.
------
While I am not much of a baseball fan at all, these here are some clever/witty infographics.
This one, in particular, is great. Something important for the kids to learn, for sure. (via the DDC)
------
I really want to try these chips! I've been keeping an eye out for them, but have not stumbled across any yet, sadly...

No comments: