16.9.08

No, I am not in Montreal, but you have to admit that that's a pretty amazing postcard. I really don't know what to say about it first. Okay, how about the question of who exactly wants to send or receive a post card that highlights an airport? 'Look, I'm here! But this is as far as I've gotten...' It's not like the building's are even interesting, like at LAX or something; looks like just a big sprawling building and a parking lot.

At the same time, from my personal vantage point, look at that sprawling building and parking lot! And the cars! Just the idea of making a postcard of that image is pretty awesome to me, you know? And the layout? Well! 'How should we arrange this text?' 'Let's just slap a white box over the sky and put the text in that!' 'That's a great idea!' It sure was, but if you ask me, I can only see that being the case in retrospect, looking back from now. At the time, really? (from the Canadian Design Resource)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a great idea. Now if anyone says 'I'll just have anything,' they can really have it! Or whatever too!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's something that's been making the blog rounds like wildfire: Font or Typeface? Good little read, and a good addition to the personal knowledge base too. I'm always happy to have newer and clearer definitions of things. I was never really too sure of what the difference was before, and now I know.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seems like every couple of weeks or so it's someone's turn to mention the FedEx logo and it's 'hidden' secrets. Now it's my turn. Seriously, have you ever noticed it before, the beauty of the FedEx logo. I didn't until someone pointed it out to me, as I feel the need to do every time I see it. Check it out, and read an interview with the designer here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trips getting real close. 9 days. Super excited. Can't wait to take a break and see a thing or two. I'm a little nervous about a thing or two, but we'll deal with those when we get to them. Get ready for this thing to turn into a trip blog. I'll be hoping to post most nights from the road, hotel web access, time, and tiredness permitting.

No comments: