17.9.08

This here book reminds me of a nice little timewaster we once made up called the "nipple/phallus game." Basically, stuck with some friends with some time to waste, the goal is to look around your surroundings and point out things that either look like a nipple or a phallus. When it comes right down to it, you can argue that many many things in this world can look like one or the other. This book seems to embody that idea pretty well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Definitely keeping an eye on this little gem on ebay. The shape reminds me a lot of my favourite stapler, the Swingline Cub. Definitely looks like just a knock off, but as I love that shape, I'm not arguing! Oh, and I LOVE that packaging! Definite selling point there. Hope it doesn't go for too much!

I wish this hadn't gone for so much, woulda been nice to pick up for sure. Combining my love of staplers (the Swingline Tot, so cute! With a mention of the Cub too!) with my love of letterpress (and halftones...). Awesome! But too much for my blood right now...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been pretty into illustrated alphabet sets lately, and this here is a beautiful set of vintage matchbooks that come together as a set. It's a little weird if you think about, since illustrated alphabets are typically kid-related, and matchbooks are typically very not kid-related, but you know, whatever. You can't argue with nice design. I especially love the fact that they're in Spanish, so instead of 'T for Turtle' you get 'G for Galapago.' Would love to see more shots, closeups of each would be nice, but just getting to see them is pretty great. Not surprisingly, I love the Owl (or Buho, if I'm reading correctly.) Thanks GrainEdit!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a personal note: I finally made a header for this blog! I hope you like it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a much too personal note: frustrated with my seemingly endless sinus issues, I've decided to try out "nasal lavage." It's weird, but I'm pretty happy with it so far, and excited to see if it makes things better in the long run.

No comments: