22.9.08

The pic above is for my mom, if she stops by. Yet another grab from the Canadian Design Resource. Are you seeing now why it should be one of your daily reads too? Apparently I've already gotten at least one person hooked, a good feeling for sure.

I love this postcard for the fact that it would have been sent out blank, in order for the sellers to add their own place name to the card. A ridiculous idea, but efficient, and one of those older practices that I have a real spot in my heart for.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Pelican Collection. Tonnes of materials, real nice to see. Makes me wonder if there's something similar for Penguin paperbacks. Gotta love 'em. (via Draplin)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was going to buy another laptop anytime soon, and for some reason it wasn't going to be a Mac, it'd be this one right here. It's a thing of beauty for sure, and trying to make the world better at the same time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty much every year at Christmas I make a joke about buying someone inappropriate a flask. This is really because I have always wanted a flask. I am pretty sure that I would rarely, if ever, use one, which is why I never buy myself one, but the comment is always rooted in the fact that if someone ever bought me one for Christmas, that would be pretty great. This one here is pretty ideal. Not the traditional flask shape I love, but at the same time, I love this one for it's shape, you know (and finish, of course).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This may be my longest awaited Criterion Collection dvd. I remember renting this as a new release when I was hunting through the Rogers video store near my house, and saw only one copy of it on the shelf. Pretty standard practice for me at the time. Renting all of my movies at a big movie store, I always looked for things they only bought one copy of, always more up my alley than the big blockbusters. Not that I haven't watched it again since then, but I've never bought it because I knew they eventually had to put this one out, so that at least the first 4 Anderson movies could be a matched set, even if his current contract means following ones won't be (from what I hear at least...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently, Meet Your Printmaker featured a local artist, which was quite surprising! Seems like a real nice guy, who, thankfully, seems to do real nice work. Looking forward to maybe seeing him at the zine fair.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a couple more days until we leave...

No comments: