30.1.10

I am loving this radio from Science & Sons. It's definitely making it's way around the Canadian design blog world. Clever idea for sure. One national radio company, two channels; one radio, two presets, one big switch. You use a tuner on the bottom to preset 1 & 2 to CBC1 & CBC2, and then flip away. The grill is a clear homage to the classic CBC logo we all know and love. I'm sure it'll be way out of my price range when it actually comes out, and I never actually listen to CBC2, but I am definitely coveting it, and you can hook an ipod up to it (also good, because most of what I listen to from CBC1 I actually listen to as podcasts anyway...)
------
Lejonet & Bjornen. This Swedish ice cream company's new packaging was featured on Lovely Package, but what I was really struck by was that logo! That bear WANTS that ice cream. Will he ever get it?

From what I can see of their old logo, this new one is a huge improvement. The old one looks like too much teddy, not enough bear.
------
Disney shut down Miramax this week. At one point in time they produced some of my favourite films, and they've definitely been a part of a lot of good stuff, with and without the Weinsteins. Check out what Kevin Smith says about it in there: "for one brief, shining moment, it was an age of magic and wonders. I'm crushed to see it pass into history, because I owe everything I have to Miramax. Without them, I'd still be a New Jersey convenience store register jockey. In practice, not just in my head."
------
I wish this squirrel weren't so expensive!

No comments: