19.2.10


Ahhh! Layer Tennis starts today!
I was recently wondering when the layer tennis season would start, but I kept forgetting to check it out. Thank god for email notifications, 'cause it turns out there's an exhibition game today. YES!

For those of you who don't know, Layer Tennis is basically competitive designing. Two designers volley images back and forth, each having 15 minutes to create a response to their opponent's previous volley. It's good stuff. Posted live, in real time, with commentary (that obviously comes a little after each volley, as the commentator sees it when we do).

I LOVE layer tennis, even if I can't really watch it live because I'm at work when it's on...

By the way, my money's on Felton. Nobody can graphically represent data like that guy. Always impressed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so wait - who wins?
also, this is awesome.

Jon Johnson said...

Actually, since this is a 'friendly' exhibition game' no-one wins.
In a regular season game though, winners are chosen by votes on twitter. Check the 'crowd' link on the right of the page to see what people are saying.
There've been a few previous seasons, all of which you should be able to find on the site there if you've got some time to kill.

Glad you like it. I love it!