12.1.09

It's a big day for Waterloo. As some of you may know, I've been complaining for awhile that the only place to get Mexican food around town (except for special nights at certain places), is Taco Bell, and, well, you know how much you can consider that Mexican. Well, as of today, a step is being taken in the right direction. Casa Salsa, the Mexican place in the Kitchener market (that I've never gotten around to going to, but I have heard decent reviews of) opens today in University Plaza! That's conveniently right along one of our potential routes home! I can't wait to eat there. I'm thinking Wednesday, 'cause Tuesday is, of course, Taco Tuesday at Ethel's, and tonight Jenna's mom is making fajita's because it was my birthday last week. Things just couldn't be better for this upcoming 3 nights of dinner! I'll let you know how it goes when I do go there.

Also, love the Casa Salsa phone number: 725-TACO. Gotta remember that if I get to pick my own number sometime.

(picture, of course, from Toothpaste for Dinner)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being a fan of Ace of Cakes, I, like many I am sure, have imagined how awesome it would be to get them to make me a cake. Yesterday I decided to cruise by the Charm City Cakes website, rolled over to their FAQ and found out that the minimum cost of one of their cakes is $1000! Looks like I won't be getting one of those anytime soon!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These bikes look amazing! Super light, super strong, and super awesome looking. I don't remember what I was searching for images of when I stumbled upon that post, but I was definitely stopped in my tracks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I totally meant to post this before Christmas, and then it got lost in my emails as I sent it to myself to post: a wonderful program cover for a production of A Christmas Carol. I love so much about it, but mostly the fact that Scrooge is shaped like a Christmas Tree. Pretty great.

No comments: